Friday, September 27, 2019

Momma, Buy Me a China Doll

Momma, Buy Me a China Doll2nd Graders are working in their visualization skills in their classrooms.  We decided to also work on these skills in the music room.  We always end class with a songtale, a story that I sing to the students.  Recently, I sang the song "Momma, Buy Me a China Doll" to the students, but I did not show them the pictures in the book.  They needed to imagine their own pictures as they listened.  After a few weeks of just listening, I showed the students the beautiful illustrations by Allyssa Norton.  Hear a recording of the song here: http://www.giamusic.com/mp3/momma-buy-me-a-china-doll.mp3 You can download this professional recording to listen at home by clicking the three dots on the media player and clicking download.


Did your child sing this song for you?  Let Mrs. Hiltz know by filling out this form.