Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Closet Key



Our first graders are learning the simple song "Closet Key."  As with all simple songs, 1st graders started by listening to the teacher sing this song several times.  After careful listening, they were able to sing the song effortlessly!

Luckily for us, this song has a game that goes along with it.  That made sitting quietly and listening to several repetitions really easy.  One student hides the key in their hands, and the person who is "it" tries to guess who has the key.  We give that person hints about who has the key by singing loudly when they are close to the key and softly when they are far away.  At the end, "it" has three guesses to find the key.

Here are the words:

I have lost my closet key
In my lady's garden.
I have lost my closet key
In my lady's garden.

Help me find my closet key
In my lady's garden.
Help me find my closet key
In my lady's garden.

I have found my closet key
In my lady's garden.
I have found my closet key
In my lady's garden.

After singing this song enough times for everyone in the class to get a turn to be "it," students had the opportunity to sing this song as a solo.  The brave students who sang a solo got to add their star to the "Solo Singing Super Stars" wall.

Hear Mrs. Larson's class sing this song by clicking the link below:

Closet Key

Did your child use their "Ask Me" sheet to sing you this song?  Let Mrs. Hiltz know by filling out this quick form.  Students who fill out the form will earn a sticker!