Tuesday, October 17, 2017

My Hat


1st graders are singing a fun new challenging fingerplay called "My Hat."  In this song, students start by singing all of the words, but slowly replace the words with a motion in each repetition.  See the lyrics below:

My hat it has three corners,
Three corners has my hat.
And had it not three corners,
It would not be my hat!

With each repetition, we took away a word - first "my," then "hat," then "three," and finally "corners."  This helped us to develop our inner hearing.  We had to still hear the words in our head so that we could line up the rest of the song.

Hear Mrs. Tibbett's class sing this song in the video below:



Did your child sing you this song from their "Ask Me" sheet?  Use this form to tell Miss Dagenais that your child is singing at home!